Thursday 19 June 2014

A Case Study on Gout/Arthritis: Use of gooseberry or Amla in Arthritis

Photo: health.com
As same like my all previous allergy case study, this is too a real case study happened in my family.

My father has been suffering from Arthritis from a long time. This problem troubled him a lot past. There was a time when the inflammation had been persisting since a month. Few months back, the arthritis problem has been recurring. 




It attacks, inflammation stays for 2-3 days and goes away. My father has been using a biochemical tablet (Homeopathy) when this swelling starts. Even after using this biochemical tablet swelling was staying for 2-3 days.


This re-occurrence of gout was really a big problem for him. As he is a senior citizen though he is much fit even than me. Only one problem he has its Gout/Arthritis.

I was very anxious to see the re-occurrence of arthritis. So I told him to consult with a Doctor. My parents are staying in a small town where availability of Physician (MD) or Orthopedics Physician (D.Ortho or MS Ortho) is scarce. So he consulted with a MBBS doctor (Graduate in Medicine). He checked and told him to do some diagnostic tests Vit D, Hemoglobin, and Uric Acid, Lipid, Vit D25 Hydroxy serum, Glucose, Lipid screen serum, Triglyceride.
I don't understand what the doctor thought about as I felt the Lipid, Vit D25 Hydroxy serum,Urine Test, Creatinin tests are unnecessary Urea, Uric Acid, Urine Test was only to be assayed.

When Doctor told to go through all these test I knew other than Uric acid all tests were merely required. As expected, all the tests came with Normal result, only Uric acid touched the threshold limit.

After looking after the report, Doctor prescribed Febuxostat 40mg (Used to lower the Uric Acid level) and CalD3 (A Calcium Tab).

We thought that after this medication he will not have problem. But our thinking went wrong.

Gout came back after 10 days and reoccurred 1-2 times in a month. its really annoying. You have done the diagnostics and medication but you are not got cured.

In that time, I was really pissed off. I started reading journals, medical guide books on gout. After reading all it came in my mind that may be all happening because of deposition of uric acids into the joints and excretion of Uric acids are not happening.

I started inquiring about my Dad's water intake and came to know that he hardly drinks one Liters of water daily.

After getting this info, it stroked in my mind that because he was consuming less amount of water so it was becoming difficult to uric acid go out of that body and that was depositing
on the joints which led to gout.

I started forcing my dad to consume more water. After he started consuming 2 lit of water gout attack happened but it alleviated.

After a month, my dad met with a Ayurveda Doctor from Patanjali chikitsalaya who recommended him to have Amla Juice daily basis. He believed the doctor and started using the Amla juice in morning. It did remarkably well. After he started the Amla juice consumption there was no Gout attack. It has been 2 months, he is now healthy, no problem of gout any more.

Amla Fruits  Pic Ref: healthveda.com


Amla, a sanskrit word, Scientific name: Phyllanthus emblica.
Amla juice contains High amout of Ascorbic acid/Vit C, good amount of antioxidants. It also contains punicafolin and phyllanemblinin A, phyllanemblin other polyphenols: flavonoids,
kaempferol, ellagic acid and gallic acid.

it is used to  to enhance digestion (dipanapachana), treat constipation (anuloma), reduce fever (jvaraghna), purify the blood (raktaprasadana), reduce cough (kasahara), alleviate asthma
(svasahara), strengthen the heart (hrdaya), benefit the eyes (chakshushya), stimulate hair growth (romasanjana), enliven the body (jivaniya), and enhance intellect (medhya).
(Source: Wikipedia)

There is preliminary evidence in vitro that its extracts induce apoptosis and modify gene Expression in osteoclasts involved in rheumatoid arthritis and osteoporosis (Source: Wikipedia).

Experimental preparations of leaves, bark or fruit have shown potential efficacy against Laboratory models of disease, such as for inflammation, cancer, age-related renal disease, and diabetes (Source: Wikipedia).

This is a true study. Amla juice may not work to you but its really good. I have started using  this and feel much fit and energetic now. Lets try rather than wasting money in some chemical medicines like NSAIDs.
NSAIDs are not good for health. Use of NSAIDs in longer duration can leads to acute health problem.

Rather than using the NSAIDs why can't you use Amla Juice.



What you say? 

8 comments:

  1. Nice one... I will tell my Dad to drink more water and to start Amla Juice

    ReplyDelete
  2. A complete information for preventing gout has a big help for those suffering on gout. I also suffered from gout since last 5 months. I am searching for some home remedies that will help me for relieving the excruciating pain on my big toe. Consequently, I can't walk an inch because it's so painful. So. I consulted a doctor and they recommended me to use Daylight Nutrition Pain Free review that will help for relieving gouty arthritis. I also want to try this home remedies for the faster healing. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog Patanjali amla juice is best energy drink and it has lots of benefits. For more stuff visit our site: - patanjali amla juice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. What is Gout

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patanali Amla Juice ... ek behtrin product hai... Balo ke liye or Ankho k liye.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. how much of amla juice daily ?how many ml ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 25 ml diluted with same quantity of water.. Twice a day... One in the morning empty stomach and one at night

      Delete

Thanks For Commeting. If you have any suggestion mail me to sudhsdiary@gmail.com